Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Have You Been Here Before?

Have you ever had the feeling that you've been here before? That you've lived one or more lives previous to the life you now lead? The first time I ever flew into Heathrow Airport, I saw an old, historic building from the air, and decided that I definitely wanted to visit it. I would remember it by the long, tree-lined road leading up to it. In front of the entrance was a large pond with a very tall spire arising from the center. I was picked up at the airport by the people for whom I was going to be an au pair, and whom I had never met before. As soon as we were in the car, they told me that they lived very close to Hampton Court (think Henry VIII), and they would take me there to see it on the way to their house. Yes, sure enough, we drove up the very same tree-lined road to the pond with the spire that I had seen from the plane. Inside the castle, the living quarters seemed familiar to me, and I could easily imagine myself as a lady-in-waiting, or a domestic, who spent much of her life at the court. No wonder I had always been fascinated by English history.

The current 14th Dalai Lama was not chosen but "found." He is believed to be the same soul who was the 13th Dalai Lama. The senior monks looked for cosmic signs which led them to the small village where he reincarnated two years after leaving his previous lifetime. They were sure they had found the right child after he identified several of them by name. He was also able to identify several possessions that he had owned in that lifetime. A wonderful fictionalized account of a search for a reincarnated spiritual teacher can be seen in the movie "Little Budha" (1993).

Here is a link to a story about an eleven year old boy who clearly remembers his last lifetime. He visited the place where he had died and healed his grief from that death:
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/184158/Reincarnation.html.

I would enjoy hearing about your memories of, or feelings about, any of your past lives. Please share with a comment.

Peace Be With You,
Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment