Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thoughts: Silent But Powerful


In previous posts, I've written several times about sensitive people feeling bombarded. What is it exactly that is bombarding them?  Most often it is other people's thoughts. Thoughts are a powerful form of energy. Especially the thoughts that are super-charged by emotions such as anger and hatred.  Often, people send out bolts of energy without even attaching any thoughts to them.  Surely, you've been able to physically feel the anger of someone standing next to you. Very sensitive people may even walk away with a stomach or headache after absorbing someone else's anger.  

I learned about powerful thoughts first hand in the first meditation class that I took.  I was slouching on a couch feeling rather disaffected and thinking, "I don't like this teacher. Her clothes are really boring. I don't like her haircut either." All of the sudden, she turned to me and sharply scolded, "Stop throwing energy at me!"  I was totally dumbfounded. Mostly because I knew that I had had similar experiences all my life either thinking too loudly or being on the receptive end of other people's thought and emotions. But now I had a vocabulary for it and could be aware of it! 

This kind of communication also works for positive thoughts and emotions. Many years later I was eating dinner with some friends in a rather nice, but casual, restaurant. A group of about eight people came in and sat down about six feet away, in the middle of the room. I thought they had such wonderful energy that I sent a telepathic "Hello" over to them. The very first split second afterwards I had already let it go and forgot about it. The very next split second, they all looked up right at me with startled looks on their faces!  They had heard me! I was really shy in those days, and looked away quickly. But the man who seemed to be the one in charge would not stop looking at me until I finally looked up and smiled. 

I invite you to think about and remember similar experiences that you have had, both positive and negative. You can also explore this further by practicing sending out "Hello" to people. Look for the responses on people's faces or in their behavior. You can even send Hellos to people you know whom are not present at that moment.  Wait for the phone calls saying, "Hello! I hope this doesn't sound strange, but I had this sudden urge to call you."

Let me know what you discover!
Madeline

www.PsychicAwakenings.com


2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant post. I can totally relate to what you've said and will be paying more attention to the energy bursts I give out.

    ReplyDelete